We will be holding a Post Convention PPA Merit Class on August 26 where you can earn a PPA continuing education merit for attending. There is a small fee for members of $35 and day rate for nonmembers. Our instructor is Elena Ganusova is a Certified photographer and photoshop guru (TSD,TCD). The class is an intensive photoshop class meant to help you in competition.
Your own piece of art: composition in Photoshop
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life from our souls
~ Pablo Picasso
COURSE DESCRIPTION COURSE OVERVIEW
The purpose of the course is to introduce students to image composition in Photoshop (PS) and systematize the easiest workflow. Students employ most general PS tools to image compositions, such as layers and masking, custom brush and texture creation, some elements of painting with Mixture Brush and Smudge Tool using Filter options as well.
They will also learn about some techniques of image extraction and its accurate placement on the canvas.
It is very important to understand that this class is an intensive PS course. The work
will be challenging, but will be very relevant to the issues of the course. By the end of the course students will be able to create their own piece of art.
In addition to gaining a better understanding of the system of the image composing in PS, students should be able to
• Use and think about major principals of composing
• Understand and use to various PS tools to compose the image
• Recognize and freely use major PS tools
• Define critical rules of image composition
• Negotiate challenging assignment expectations
• Work cooperatively and collaboratively on class assignments
• Integrate different PS techniques in image composing
• Cultivate essential skills in image composing